The School of Communication and Design (SCD), Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU) invites applications for positions of full-time postdoctoral fellow, senior research fellow, associate professor, and professor.
About the School:
The School of Communication and Design (SCD), Sun Yat-sen University (SYSU), was founded in 2003. SCD boasts solid foundation in theoretical research, high competitiveness in professional skills and distinctive features in discipline construction. Meanwhile, a series of centers and laboratories have been established to develop students’ creative thinking and professional skills, including Guangdong Key Laboratory for Big Data Analysis and Simulation of Public Opinion, Guangzhou Key Research Center for Big Data and Public Communication, News Editing Laboratory, Center for Documentary Photography, Creative Media Design Center, Guhe Media Lab, Center for Public Communication. SCD consists of three departments: Journalism, Public Communication, and Creative Media Design. A series of bachelor, master, and doctoral programs are provided in the field of Journalism and Communication. Furthermore, SCD attaches great importance to academic research and it holds an influential academic position in the fields of new media and communication.
SCD is staffed by 32 faculty members who are strong in teaching and research with professional experiences. Almost all of our faculty members hold the doctoral degree from well-renowned universities in U.S., U.K., Singapore, Hong Kong, and mainland China.
Professors/Associate Professors at Sun Yat-sen University
- The ideal candidate must have a Ph.D. in Communication or related fields and teaching experience at an internationally-renowned institution.
- The ideal candidate should demonstrate evidence for leadership in academic program development and a high international standing in the field, with an exceptional track record of high-quality research and scholarly publications.
Senior Research Fellows at Sun Yat-sen University
- The ideal candidate should be under 38.
- The ideal candidate should be at least 3 years after earning a Ph.D., or have research experiences at an internationally-renowned institution.
Full-time postdoctoral fellows at Sun Yat-sen University
- The ideal candidate should be under 35.
- The ideal candidate must have a Ph.D. in Communication at an internationally-renowned institution with a record of original scholarly research.
SCD offers outstanding benefits to eligible employees and their dependents including health, life, dental, and vision insurance; annual and sick leave; wellness benefits; training and development opportunities; excellent education for your children and more!
For questions or further information about the positions of professor/associate professor, please contact
Ms. Ou, 020-39332665, email@example.com.
For questions or further information about the positions of full-time postdoctoral and senior research fellow, please contact
Ms. Wu, 020-39332330, firstname.lastname@example.org